King James Bible Study
King James Bible Study ... learn The Bible ... receive Help in the time of need!
King James Bible Study - Help in the Time of Need
The Basic Truths Of Life!
Everyone that ever walked on this planet must come to terms in this life with some basic TRUTHS. These will be the basic truths that no one can argue with, if they are sane. Of course, if you believe what God says in His Own BOOK about you, then you will have no problem with accepting these basic truths.
1. The Brevity Of Life
"For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away." (James 4:14b) Our life is brief! like a vapor, or like smoke. "Is there not an appointed time to man upon earth? are not his days also like the days of an hireling?" (Job 7:1) He is born, and then he will die! This is certain! (The exception being Enoch and Elijah, and also, those believers in Jesus Christ who are alive when He comes for His Church.)
2. The Brevity Of Your Remembrance
You will soon be forgotten. A man is remembered only a little while, and then he is forgotten. "He shall return no more to his house, neither shall his place know him anymore. Are not my days few? cease then, and let me alone, that I may take comfort a little, Before I go whence I shall not return, even to the land of darkness and the shadow of death; A land of darkness, as darkness itself; and of the shadow of death, without any order, and where the light is as darkness." (Job 7:10 & 10:20-22)
3. The Sureness Of Trouble
Life is bale full of troubles. I have also found this very true!!! "Man that is born of a woman is of few days, and full of trouble. He cometh forth like a flower, and is cut down: he fleeth also as a shadow, and continueth not." (Job 14:1).
4. The Verity Of The White Throne Judgment
"And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment" (Hebrews 9:27). You will not miss this one unless YOU ARE HID in the CLEFT OF THE ROCK!
5. The Eternality And The Finality Of What You Do With Jesus Christ:
We will all be held accountable over this issue. It is a hard fact of life, my friend. Now will you take God's offer of eternal life ... purchased by His Son ... for all those who will put their trust in Him ... a thumbs down? You will everlastingly suffer the consequences!
6. That Men Never Learn From History
We learn from History That Men Never Learn From History! It is a heart problem! Men refuse to learn the "lessons" afforded by the light of HISTORY: the recorded historical events which occurred as fulfillment of Bible prophecy. Now, these are the basic truths with which we all must deal with one way or another!
7. What Should You Do?
"But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart:
that is, the word of faith, which we preach;
That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.
For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved"; [Romans 10:8-13]
THE BIBLE :
Believe The BOOK!
The King James Bible
This is God's Holy WORD to you and I! Do you believe it? The A.V.1611 (or The King James Bible) is God's word PRESERVED in the English language for you and me. It came from the English Reformation. This Bible declares that: "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness." [2 Timothy 3:16] God's inspired word is preserved in the A.V.1611. The word "preserved" means maintained inspiration. "The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in the furnace of earth, purified seven times. Thou shalt keep them, O LORD, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever." [Psalm 12:6-7] “PRESERVE.” .
Home In The Hills:
[Or New Jerusalem]
Everybody is going home someday. Everybody is going to their LONG HOME. When you die, you are going to go to your “long home” whether, it be in “Heaven” or in “Hell”. Do you realize that truth? “Also when they shall be afraid of that which is high, and fears shall be in the way, and the almond tree shall flourish, and the grasshopper shall be a burden, and desire shall fail: because man goeth to his long home, and the mourners go about the streets:” [Ecclesiastes 12:5]. Read More?
Come Before Winter!
Old Paths Baptist Mission © 2017 Richard St.James
1. The Sides of the North
According to the Spirit of God [in the book of Isaiah] there are two places located on the sides of something. What are these two places?
The first place is on the sides of the north: “For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:” [Isaiah 14:13].
The second place is on the sides of a pit: “Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.” [Isaiah 14:15]
These two places are Heaven and Hell.
I want to go Heaven! What about you?
Far above us, to the north of us, beyond this universe, is the most strangest of places a person could ever behold. Here it is: “Beautiful for situation, the joy of the whole earth, is mount Zion, on the sides of the north, the city of the great King.” [Psalm 48:2]
What is more, this place “on the sides of the north” is “the city of the great King.” Let me loudly testify this to you. I am enamored with this “great King”! I want to see this “great King”! This city of the “great King” is where I am going when I die! I am “persuaded” this confession is TRUE!
Now, this confession is located in the Scripture [in the book of Hebrews, chapter eleven, starting with verse thirteen]. Are you ready? “These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth. For they that say such things declare plainly that they seek a country. And truly, if they had been mindful of that country from whence they came out, they might have had opportunity to have returned. But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city.” [Hebrews 11:13-16]
[Now, I am asking you this question: Are you going to this city of the “great King”?]
To continue: And just what is up there “on the sides of the north”, beyond the edge of our universe above a crystal sea? For this, we are given a viewport to view the third heaven [2 Corinthians 12:2] through a book [the book of Revelation, chapter four, verse six]: “And before the throne there was a sea of glass like unto crystal: and in the midst of the throne, and round about the throne, were four beasts full of eyes before and behind.” [Revelation 4:6]
FACT NUMBER ONE: There is a throne “on the sides of the north”, and it’s situated upon “a sea of glass”. Now, imagine the scene through the eyes of faith … a most beautiful throne sitting upon an expansive sea of glass!
FACT NUMBER TWO: There sits “the great King”!
Notice: Around this throne, wherein sits this “great King”, are the most bizarre of beasts ever made, with “eyes before and behind” their heads.
[Now, I see these things through the eyes of faith, by the Spirit of God, as “John saw these things”, even though physically I was not there.]
“And I John saw these things, and heard them. And when I had heard and
seen, I fell down to worship before the feet of the angel which shewed
me these things.” [Revelation 22:8]
Like John, I will fall down and worship and worship “the great King”!!!
Can you conceive of such a thing? This is well beyond the human comprehension! Yet this attempt to imagine or to understand HEAVEN is “the joy of the whole earth”. “For since the beginning of the world men have not heard, nor perceived by the ear, neither hath the eye seen, O God, beside thee, what he hath prepared for him that waiteth for him.” [Isaiah 64:4]
QUESTION: Who is “the great King”?
• THE GREAT KING is the ADVOCATE [1 John 2:1]
• THE GREAT KING is the LAMB OF GOD [John 1:29]
• THE GREAT KING is THE RESURRECTION AND THE LIFE [John 11:25]
• THE GREAT KING is THE SHEPHERD AND BISHOP OF SOULS [1 PETER 2:25]
• THE GREAT KING is the JUDGE [Acts 10:42]
• THE GREAT KING is the LORD OF LORDS [1 Timothy 6:15]
• THE GREAT KING is the MAN OF SORROWS [Isaiah 53:3]
• THE GREAT KING is the HEAD OF THE CHURCH [Ephesians 5:23]
• THE GREAT KING is the MASTER [Matthew 8:19]
• THE GREAT KING is the FAITHFUL AND TRUE WITNESS [Revelation 3:14]
• THE GREAT KING is the ROCK [1 Corinthians 10:4]
• THE GREAT KING is the HIGH PRIEST [Hebrews 6:20]
• THE GREAT KING is THE DOOR [John 10:9]
• THE GREAT KING is the LIVING WATER [John 4:10]
• THE GREAT KING is the BREAD OF LIFE [John 6:35]
• THE GREAT KING is the ROSE OF SHARON [Song of Solomon 2:1]
• THE GREAT KING is the ALPHA AND OMEGA [Revelation 22:13]
• THE GREAT KING is the TRUE VINE [John 15:1]
• THE GREAT KING is the MESSIAH [Daniel 9:25]
• THE GREAT KING is the TEACHER [John 3:2]
• THE GREAT KING is the HOLY ONE [Mark 1:24]
• THE GREAT KING is the MEDIATOR [1 Timothy 2:5]
• THE GREAT KING is THE BELOVED [Ephesians 1:6]
• THE GREAT KING is the BRANCH [Isaiah 11:1]
• THE GREAT KING is the CARPENTER [Mark 6:3]
• THE GREAT KING is the GOOD SHEPHERD [John 10:11]
• THE GREAT KING is the LIGHT OF THE WORLD [John 8:12]
• THE GREAT KING is the IMAGE OF THE INVISIBLE GOD [Colossians 1:15]
• THE GREAT KING is THE WORD [John 1:1]
• THE GREAT KING is the CHIEF CORNERSTONE [Ephesians 2:20]
• THE GREAT KING is the SAVIOR [John 4:42]
• THE GREAT KING is the SERVANT [Matthew 12:18]
• THE GREAT KING is the AUTHOR AND FINISHER OF OUR FAITH [Hebrews 12:2]
• THE GREAT KING is THE ALMIGHTY [Revelation 1:8]
• THE GREAT KING is the EVERLASTING FATHER [Isaiah 9:6]
• THE GREAT KING is SHILOH [Genesis 49:10]
• THE GREAT KING is the LION OF THE TRIBE OF JUDAH [Revelation 5:5]
• THE GREAT KING is the I AM [John 8:58]
• THE GREAT KING is the KING OF KINGS [1 Timothy 6:15]
• THE GREAT KING is the PRINCE OF PEACE [Isaiah 9:6]
• THE GREAT KING is the BRIDEGROOM [Matthew 9:15]
• THE GREAT KING is the ONLY BEGOTTEN SON [John 3:16]
• THE GREAT KING is the WONDERFUL COUNSELOR [Isaiah 9:6]
• THE GREAT KING is IMMANUEL [Matthew 1:23]
• THE GREAT KING is the SON OF MAN [Matthew 20:28]
• THE GREAT KING is the DAYSPRING [Luke 1:78]
• THE GREAT KING is THE AMEN [Revelation 3:14]
• THE GREAT KING is the KING OF THE JEWS [Mark 15:26]
• THE GREAT KING is the PROPHET [Matthew 21:11]
• THE GREAT KING is the REDEEMER [Job 19:25]
• THE GREAT KING is the ANCHOR [Hebrews 6:19]
• THE GREAT KING is the BRIGHT MORNING STAR [Revelation 22:16]
• THE GREAT KING is THE WAY, THE TRUTH AND THE LIFE [John 14:16]
QUESTION: And are you waiting for HIM?
I am waiting for HIM!!! It is all about waiting for HIM! This is exactly what we see in the First Epistle to the Thessalonians: “And to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead, even Jesus, which delivered us from the wrath to come.” [1 Thessalonians 1:10] Also, in the book of Romans we have this: “But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.” [Romans 8:25]
2. The Wind Blows
The wind emanates from the “treasures” of God when “he uttereth his voice”.
This wind is a signal to all of the earth of an impending event, which event often indicates the beginning of a sea change. “When he uttereth his voice, there is a multitude of waters in the heavens; and he causeth the vapours to ascend from the ends of the earth: he maketh lightnings with rain, and bringeth forth the wind out of his treasures.” [Jeremiah 51:16]
What is a sea change? Now, a sea change is a major transformation to the earth! [See the message from the messenger: The Sea Change … The Millennium (The Kingdom of Heaven).]
In the 21st century there is already a wind blowing from the “north” … from the sides of the north from the city of the great King. “Awake, O north wind; and come, thou south; blow upon my garden, that the spices thereof may flow out. Let my beloved come into his garden, and eat his pleasant fruits.” [Song of Solomon 4:16]
The “beloved” is set to come into his “garden” [which is Eden - Ezekiel 28:13]. The earth can be likened to this garden of the great King.
The “north” wind from the sides of the north brings the “cold” to the earth. “Out of the south cometh the whirlwind: and cold out of the north.” [Job 37:9]
Have you noticed something? It is getting very cold out there!
Here is my question to you: Are you able to stand the “cold” of the great King Who sits on the sides of the north? “He casteth forth his ice like morsels: who can stand before his cold?” [Psalm 147:17]
Next 3. Bringing the Cold
Psalm 12 ... is the promise to us!
Purified seven times ... God's word is kept in spite of men!
Help, Lord; for the godly man ceaseth; for the faithful fail from among the children of men.
They speak vanity every one with his neighbour: with flattering lips and with a double heart do they speak. [Verse 2]
The Lord shall cut off all flattering lips, and the tongue that speaketh proud things: [Verse 3]
Who have said, With our tongue will we prevail; our lips are our own: who is lord over us? [Verse 4]
For the oppression of the poor, for the sighing of the needy, now will I arise, saith the Lord; I will set him in safety from him that puffeth at him. [Verse 5]
The words of the Lord are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times. [Verse 6]
Thou shalt keep them, O Lord, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever. [Verse 7]
The wicked walk on every side, when the vilest men are exalted. [Verse 8]