The Man Of God Crosses The River
I have experienced, by the GRACE of God, the last two years of David F. Reagan’s ministry on this earth as the pastor of the Antioch Baptist Church of Knoxville, Tennessee.
King James Bible Study - Help in the Time of Need
The Basic Truths Of Life!
Everyone that ever walked on this planet must come to terms in this life with some basic TRUTHS. These will be the basic truths that no one can argue with, if they are sane. Of course, if you believe what God says in His Own BOOK about you, then you will have no problem with accepting these basic truths.
1. The Brevity Of Life
"For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away." (James 4:14b) Our life is brief! like a vapor, or like smoke. "Is there not an appointed time to man upon earth? are not his days also like the days of an hireling?" (Job 7:1) He is born, and then he will die! This is certain! (The exception being Enoch and Elijah, and also, those believers in Jesus Christ who are alive when He comes for His Church.)
2. The Brevity Of Your Remembrance
You will soon be forgotten. A man is remembered only a little while, and then he is forgotten. "He shall return no more to his house, neither shall his place know him anymore. Are not my days few? cease then, and let me alone, that I may take comfort a little, Before I go whence I shall not return, even to the land of darkness and the shadow of death; A land of darkness, as darkness itself; and of the shadow of death, without any order, and where the light is as darkness." (Job 7:10 & 10:20-22)
3. The Sureness Of Trouble
Life is bale full of troubles. I have also found this very true!!! "Man that is born of a woman is of few days, and full of trouble. He cometh forth like a flower, and is cut down: he fleeth also as a shadow, and continueth not." (Job 14:1).
4. The Verity Of The White Throne Judgment
"And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment" (Hebrews 9:27). You will not miss this one unless YOU ARE HID in the CLEFT OF THE ROCK!
5. The Eternality And The Finality Of What You Do With Jesus Christ:
We will all be held accountable over this issue. It is a hard fact of life, my friend. Now will you take God's offer of eternal life ... purchased by His Son ... for all those who will put their trust in Him ... a thumbs down? You will everlastingly suffer the consequences!
6. That Men Never Learn From History
We learn from History That Men Never Learn From History! It is a heart problem! Men refuse to learn the "lessons" afforded by the light of HISTORY: the recorded historical events which occurred as fulfillment of Bible prophecy. Now, these are the basic truths with which we all must deal with one way or another!
7. What Should You Do?
"But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart:
that is, the word of faith, which we preach;
That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.
For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved"; [Romans 10:8-13]
THE BIBLE :
Believe The BOOK!
The King James Bible
This is God's Holy WORD to you and I! Do you believe it? The A.V.1611 (or The King James Bible) is God's word PRESERVED in the English language for you and me. It came from the English Reformation. This Bible declares that: "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness." [2 Timothy 3:16] God's inspired word is preserved in the A.V.1611. The word "preserved" means maintained inspiration. "The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in the furnace of earth, purified seven times. Thou shalt keep them, O LORD, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever." [Psalm 12:6-7] “PRESERVE.” .
Home In The Hills:
[Or New Jerusalem]
Everybody is going home someday. Everybody is going to their LONG HOME. When you die, you are going to go to your “long home” whether, it be in “Heaven” or in “Hell”. Do you realize that truth? “Also when they shall be afraid of that which is high, and fears shall be in the way, and the almond tree shall flourish, and the grasshopper shall be a burden, and desire shall fail: because man goeth to his long home, and the mourners go about the streets:” [Ecclesiastes 12:5]. Read More?
David F. Reagan - The Man Of God Crosses The River
Old Paths Baptist Mission © 2011 Richard St.James
By Richard St.James June, 2, 2007
David F. Reagan - The Man Of God Crosses The River
First Corinthians 15:51-58
“Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,” [There are some believers in Jesus Christ that will not experience DEATH] “In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.” [The believers in Jesus Christ will receive new bodies!] “For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.” [1 John 3:2 - The Christian shall be like Jesus Christ!] “Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.” “So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.” [Death is DEFEATED.] “O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory? The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law. But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.”
Victory is for the true Christian
“Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord.”
I have experienced, by the GRACE of God, the last two years of David F. Reagan’s ministry on this earth as the pastor of the Antioch Baptist Church of Knoxville, Tennessee. I have met no one with the spiritual insight, desire to please Jesus Christ, love for the BOOK, [The King James Bible] the hunger to win souls, and devotion to building the SAINTS that Brother Reagan possessed. David Reagan passed on to HEAVEN May 8, 2007.
Here follows as quoted from the booklet: Pastor Reagan – A Man Of God, ISBN: 978-1-60208-060-7, Faith Baptist Church Publications, Fort Pierce, FL 34982.
“Spiritual Admonitions of Pastor David F. Reagan”
"All men have feet of clay. As such, they have faults, inconsistencies and failures. When you think you have found the exception, recognize that you have just never seen him with his socks off. His feet are still made of clay."
"Sometimes the greatest work is done by those who spend two thirds of their life in preparation. God trained Moses 80 years before he was ready to lead the Israelites for 40 years. Was two thirds of his life wasted? Not at all. It enabled him to accomplish the great achievements for which he is still known."
"God always starts with people where they are; not where they ought to be."
"Try to accomplish at least one thing for God's eternal good each and every day."
"One day, through some failure or sin of your own, God will show you your utter inability and complete disqualification to be a man of God. From that day, you will know that whatever you do is the work of God in you. You will know that your life and ministry is not your own."
"When the battle gets fierce, consider: you may have arrived at the front line. And, remember, no battle gets won from the lunch wagon."
"Develop a dogged determination to serve God no matter what. Otherwise, you will quit when the times get rough¬ and they will get rough."
The last thing Pastor Reagan gave me was a book: Psalm 119 by Charles Bridges, The Banner of Truth Trust, ISBN 0 85151 1767, Reprinted in 1987. I have below the excerpts that Brother David had underlined or bracketed. I believe he spent sometime with this book before his departure for Heaven. While I am here on this EARTH, I will always keep this book and remember especially these seven excerpts. If they were important to this man then they will be important to me. Amen! You can tell pretty much what a man is by what is important to him. David F. Reagan loved God and he loved his BOOK.
1. Page 120 “Why then is the Bible read only – not meditated on? Because it is not loved.”
2. Page 167 “The faculty of conscience partakes, with every power of man, of the injury of the fall; and therefore; with all its in¬telligence, honesty, and power, it is liable to misconception. Like a defect of vision, it often displaces objects: and, in apparently conflicting duties, that which touches the feeling, or accords with the temper, is preferred to one, which, though more remotely viewed, really possessed a higher claim. Thus it pronounces its verdict from the predominance of feeling, rather than from the exercise of judgment - more from an indistinct perception of the subject presented to the mind, than from a simple immediate reference "to the law and testimony." Again - matters of trivial moment are often insisted upon, to the neglect of important principles. (Co1. ii.18.) External points of offence are more considered, than the habitual mortification or the inward principle.”
3. Page 208 "But let us mark the completeness of the Christian¬ - combining the fear with the knowledge of God. Know-ledge without fear would be self-confidence. Fear without knowledge would be bondage. But the knowledge of his testimonies, connected with an acquaintance with his ways, moulds the character of men of God into the spirit of love; and qualifies them, "as fathers" (1 John, ii. 13, 14) in the Gospel, to counsel the weak and inexperienced.”
4. Page 215 “We depend not on what we see or feel, but on what the word promises. If God has engaged, it must be fulfilled, be the difficulties-nay, impossibilities --what they may. Fixed, therefore, upon this sure foundation, with our father Abraham, "against hope" from what we see, "we believe in hope" from what God has promised. (Rom. iv. 18.) Thus the word is faith's sure venture for eternity.”
5. Page 216 “Do not be discouraged by present appearances. The sun¬shine is behind the cloud. "The vision is for an appointed time; though it tarry, wait for it." (Hab. ii. 3.) " The Lord is not slack concerning his promise," but we are hasty, in looking for it. (Compare 2 Pet. iii. 9, with Isa. v. 19; xxviii. 16.) The failing of our eyes is the impatience of the will, "limiting God" (Ps. lxxviii. 41) to our own time, ways, and means. Faith may be exercised in not seeing his reasons - not being able to harmonize his promises with his providences, or his outward dispensations with his Divine perfections. (Jer. xii. 1.) But let us leave this to him, and be "still, and know that he is God." (Ps.xlvi. 10.) We shall find in the end that perseverance in waiting has turned to double advantage.”
6. Page 218 “For I am become like a bottle in the smoke, yet do I not forget thy statutes. What an affecting picture of misery. Not only were his patience and hope- but his very body-" dried up" by long-continued affliction. (Proverbs xvii. 22.) This is he, who in the prime of youth was" ruddy and of a beautiful coun¬tenance, and goodly to look to" (1 Sam. xvi. 12),-now shriveled up like a bottle of skin (Josh. ix. 4. Matt. ix. 17), hung up in the smoke!)”
7. Page 219 “How did this man of God behave? When his soul was fainting, his hope in the word kept him from sinking. (Verse 81) Under the further continuance of the trial, the same recollection gives him support - yet do I not forget thy statutes. (Compare Verses 51, 61, 109, 141; xliv. 17-19.)”